August 21, 2012

Carters 11 - Round 24

"I love it here!" Dawn said when she saw their new home.  "I love you!"

Jennings caught her as she leapt into his arms.  "I love you, too, Dawn.  I feel like I've waited my whole life for you!"

Together they planned out all the details of their wedding.

It was a beautiful day with family & friends surrounding them.

They hadn't planned on Dawn being pregnant, but somehow it made the day that much more special!

Dawn couldn't have been happier to be with Jennings!

There was nothing that could take away the pleasure on this beautiful, fall day!

It felt like only days later that Dawn delivered their sweet little daughter, Daisy.

"Aren't you a beautiful little girl?" Jennings cooed to his daughter.  "You're going to be a daddy's girl, aren't you?"

Dawn laughed, "God help us! She already has you wrapped around her little finger!" 

Dawn smiled. 

Life was perfect.

Just perfect.

Until.....


****

Disaster struck.  No one had been home when Jennings had attempted to get rid of some of the piles of leaves cluttering the backyard.

Dawn sobbed at his graveside, devastated that she'd lost the love of her life.  It seemed to be a slap in the face that it had happened so close to their wedding arch.

It brought back all the memories of their wedding & how they'd thought they had the world at the tip of their fingers...

But now...

Everything was taken from her....

Dawn tried to be strong for Daisy.  Although, if she didn't have Daisy, she wasn't sure she would've made it through....

Dialing a familiar number, Dawn needed to hear a friendly voice.

"Thanks for coming over," Dawn said as Aidan hugged her tight. 

Aidan couldn't believe the tragedy that had befallen his best friend.  "I'm so sorry," he told.  "There are no words."

Dawn tearfully nodded, understanding what he meant.  As tears dripped down her face, she cried, "I'm pregnant!"  She fervently prayed her child would be a boy... a sweet little boy, just like his Daddy....

1 comment:

  1. I was so MAD that Jennings died! I am never burning a stupid pile of leaves again! He was one of my favorites this round! I am incredibly glad that Dawn wound up pregnant with his baby though before he passed away!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!