July 8, 2012

Tans - Round 23

Krista hugged David tightly.  "I missed you so much!" she laughed.  "Good thing we weren't apart for more than the weekend!"

David chuckled.  "I know just how you feel.  I missed you like crazy." 

Pausing, he dropped to one knee.  "So that's how I knew that it was time to make this official.  Marry me, Krista!"

Squealing in delight, Krista launched into his arms and kissed his neck.  "Yes! Oh God! I can't wait to tell Mom & Dad!"  Running inside, she found her parents arguing in the den.  "Mom! Dad! I'm getting married!" she gushed.

Jenny & Quinn glanced at each other and then back at their daughter. A truce was called and they joined together to wish Krista & David well.  In a flurry of activity, Krista had packed a bag and was gone.

Leaving Quinn & Jenny with an empty nest.

Collapsing on the couch together, they warily felt each other out. 

Jenny turned slightly and asked, "So now what?"

Quinn shook his head.  "I just don't know, Jenny.  We're no good for each other."

Jenny hung her head.  "I wouldn't say that. We've always been good for each other. There was just too much baggage."  Sadly she got up and walked into the room and shut the door.

Quinn sat, staring straight ahead, wondering how their marriage had gotten so off-track & how he could fix it.  It seemed all he could think about was shagging anything with a skirt (20 simultaneous lovers) & all Jenny dreamed about was a quick, casual fling (50 1st dates).

They'd both hurt each other too much to go forward.  Hadn't they?

Jenny was glad that Quinn had gone out tonight. She needed time to think.  She couldn't keep living this way!  Always in fear that something she said was going to upset Quinn, always fearful that she was going to walk in on him with someone else...

But, they couldn't get divorced right before Krista's wedding.  It just wouldn't be right.  Maybe afterwards they would go their separate ways. 

What hurt was that despite all the hard times they'd had together - Jenny still loved him...

"Jenny?" Quinn asked as he sat down next to her.  "We need to talk."

Jenny swallowed the lump in her throat.  "I know," she said quietly.  Mentally, she tried to ready herself for the end...

Quinn scooted closer and wrapped his arm around her.  "I think we need to go off together... figure out if we can salvage our marriage."

Jenny blinked tears.  "What?"

"You were right. We are good for each other.  We have three amazing kids and have shared so many ups and downs.  Why give up now?  I was hurt to discover that Kurt wasn't mine.. but you were right... it wasn't anything worse than I'd done to you time and again.  My pride was just too hurt to see."

"You mean it?" Jenny asked, not daring to breath.

"I do.  And I'm sorry for all the times I've hurt you.  Let's start fresh.  Does that sound good?"

"That sounds wonderful!"
So Jenny & Quinn set off for sunny Twikki Island and relaxed on the beach.

Amazingly, they were able to work past some of the issues keeping them apart...

Something about the exotic locale made it so much easier to connect.

Jenny was almost sad when it was time to leave.  Things had been so perfect here.  Would their closeness fade once they returned home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!