July 28, 2012

Carters 7 - Round 24

Eve cheerfully played with her squeaky rabbit toy.  She loved how every time you pulled on the ear, it said something silly.

"Do you need your ba-ba?" Elise asked Eve before bedtime.

 (No, I guess she didn't need a bottle!)

So Elise handed the bottle to little Sherri.

"Weeee!" Sherri laughed as Kent dipped her and tossed her in the air.

"Dinner's almost ready!" Elise called out.  Macaroni was all the energy she had for dinner tonight!  It was hard working all day & then coming home to cook and clean.

"Do you have everything ready for school tomorrow?" Elise asked Eve.

"Yeah! I can't wait! I have all my Barbies in my backpack!"

Kent laughed.  "Well, I think we're going to have to leave the Barbies here at home.  You wouldn't want any other little kids to take them would you?"

"That's okay! I'll share, Daddy!" Eve said happily.

"Be that as it may, you should still probably leave them here," Elise said with a smile on her face.

 "Can you believe they won't let me take my Barbies with me?" Eve complained.

Sherri cooed as she pulled on the rabbit's ear.

"Yeah, I know. That was my favorite toy when I was your age, too.  But, I'm older now. And now I like to play with Barbies.  Don't worry. One day you'll be older, too."

 "Daddy, am I always going to be older than Sherri?" Eve asked.

Kent glanced up.  "What? Of course."

Eve's face scrunched up in concentration.  "Well, her birthday is in May and mine is in August. So, her birthday comes before mine, so does that mean she's older than me?"

"But, you're a few years older than her, so just because her birthday is first in the year doesn't mean she's older."

"But..."

In all of his legal battles, his most formidable adversary was his 5 year old daughter.  He could lose a case to her in 5 minutes flat.

Kent had been pleased that Jackie Carter had come home to discuss the case with them.  They enjoyed a lively dinner conversation centering around property rights & whether or not alimony should be required despite a prenup.  There was an interesting case that was being fought, Trevino v. Trevino, where the plaintiff argued that she was owed $20,000 despite the fact that a prenup said she was owed nothing it was proved she had an affair.

He'd been working on the case for awhile now and finally felt fully ready for the trial date.  He felt a little sad that he felt he'd missed so much prepping for the case.

 Eve was in middle school now...

And his little baby Sherri was starting kindergarten!

 He & Elise were even expecting another bundle of joy soon.

He really felt like if he didn't exist in the present soon that he might miss their entire childhoods in the blink of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!