July 26, 2012

Carters (6) - Round 24

Gloria did a double take when she saw Alexander still at home on a school morning.  "Alexander, it's almost 10. What are you doing home?"

"I just didn't feel like going to school today, Mom."

"Well, it doesn't matter! Get your butt to school!"  Satisfied she'd put the Fear of Mother into him, Gloria turned to go get breakfast.

Omph!

Welcome to the family baby girl India Carter!

"What do you want to do for the project?" Alexander asked his partner, Haley Potter. 

"I dunno.  There's so many things to think about?"

Gloria hummed as she prepped dinner.  "You could do something with food... like how fast it takes to go bad?"

"Yes! That's a perfect idea!" Alexander cheered.  "Let's go plan it!"

Gloria had just finished putting the food away when the doorbell rang.  Ready to tear into a door to door salesman if they woke India up from her nap, she pulled the door open wide.

"Can I help you?" she asked frostily.

"Hi, I'm Roberto Cameron," he introduced himself.  "I own that new night club, Midnight Flow, maybe you've heard of it."

"Who hasn't heard of it," Gloria said.

"Well, let me cut to the chase," Roberto told her.  "I've heard great things about your cooking.  I'd like you to come to my club. It'd bring real prestige."

Gloria was flattered.  "Oh stop! Prestige!" she scoffed.  "Go on," she said playfully.

"Prestige... Money... Hip... Cool... Sexiness..."

Gloria fanned herself.  Well, Roberto certainly had a way with words!

"I'll need to think it over."

"Great!" Roberto said, grabbing her hand and placing on his on it.  "I'll look forward to hearing from  you!  I'd love to see more of you," he said with a wink.

Gloria saw him to the door, determined not to melt into a puddle.  She already knew she was going to say yes.  She just didn't want him to know how eager she was.  Really she wanted to start as soon as possible!

Which might not be as soon as she'd like...

Mitch tucked Mitchell into bed and stroked his son's hair.  What a beautiful little boy, he thought happily. 
Grinning, he walked into the room and saw Gloria angrily hitting pillows and mumbling under her breath. 

"What's the matter? Are you mad at me?" he asked.

"Mad at you? Mad at you?! Gloria repeated.  "Words do not even begin to describe how mad I am at you!  I was offered an incredibly generous salary at an incredibly hip, trendy establishment... but can I start there? NO! And do you know WHY?" she asked, her voice getting louder and louder until she was screaming at him.

Mitch crossed his arms, thoroughly put off by the way she was acting. "Why?" he asked coldly.

"Because I'm PREGNANT.  AGAIN!" she yelled.

Mitch lit up.  "You're pregnant?" he asked, happily, reaching out to touch her belly.  "Don't touch me! I cannot believe you got me pregnant AGAIN!"

"There is no talking to you when you're like this," Mitch said angrily.  "I'll go sleep on the couch.  And by the way, I'm HAPPY you're pregnant.  We have a LOVING and HAPPY home and I LOVE to share IT!"  Slamming the door, he stomped to the couch.  Squeezing his eyes shut, he sighed. 

That probably didn't go well...

****

Gloria was still fuming the next day when she called Roberto over to give him the good news.   Her pulse was racing when he started to greet her...

Throwing herself at him, she kissed him like she'd been wanting to the first time she'd met him.

Goosing him on the bottom, she turned and walked towards the door.  "Are you coming?"

Roberto should've been alittle more cautious around such a hell-fire kitten, but he had to admit the angry-thing kind of turned him on!

Gloria sat on the edge of the bed and sullenly said, "I'll start in 3 months."

Now that her anger had disapated, Gloria just felt guilty and used.  Sensing her discomfort, Roberto hiked up his jeans, awkwardly kissed her on the cheek and strolled out the bedroom door.  "I'll have my office prep the paperwork for you.  Can't wait to have you!"

Happy Birthday Mitchell!

Happy Birthday India!

"Are you still mad at me?" Mitch asked as he scooted into bed next to her.  "I'm really sorry if I said anything that upset you."

Gloria shrugged.

"Aw, come on, don't be mad at me," Mitch said as he kissed her ear, exactly in the spot that tended to get her hot and bothered.  "I can't stand it when you're mad at me!"

Gloria sighed. "I'm just not in the mood right now. I'm sorry." Adding, "I'm not mad at you."

"Ah, pregnancy hormones, huh? Want me to rub your feet?" Mitch asked lovingly.

God, what did she do? Gloria thought guiltily.  She'd betrayed Mitch because she was a little angry & he was so perfect!

When India had crawled in and asked for a bottle, Gloria used it as an excuse to slip out of the room to the spare room.  She couldn't sleep in the same room as Mitch right now.  It hurt her too much!

Alexander walked in the room & noticed his Mom lying on the floor.  Acting quickly, he was able to call an ambulance and get her help quick.

Yes!

Gloria hugged Alexander.  "Your quick thinking saved my life," she told him, humbled by her son. 

Welcome baby Hector!

It was like she was given another shot at life to prove how much she loved Mitch and her family.  They were everything to her!

Happy Birthday Bridget!

Gloria was nervous to be starting a new chapter in her life, but she'd already become a Celebrity Chef. It was time to put her title to good use & make Midnight Flows the hippest joint in town!

"Okay, so we have juice, chips, a sandwhich and an instant meal," Haley said as she shifted around the goods. 

"Right, so we'll measure rate at which they go bad & then research bacteria rates."

"Great, sounds good!" Haley said, smiling.

An hour later, neither of them was smiling.  "You can go Haley. I'll finish getting the data & then give it to you to make the chart, okay?

"Oh thank God!" Haley said. "Not that you're boring or anything, but this is like watching paint dry!"

Alexander laughed. "I know!"

"It was going to be a long night!"

Happy birthday Gloria!

"You want the toy? You want the toy?" Mitchell teased India, dangling the car above her head and then pulling it back as she reached for it.

"I'm going to get you!" she growled.

"Yikes!" Mitchell yelped as India leapt up and chased him.

"Mom! India's chasing me!" Mitchell complained.

Gloria just laughed.  "Well, I think you shouldn't have been teasing her so much, then! Turn about is fair play!"

Happy Birthday Hector!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!