July 10, 2012

Carpenters 2 - Round 23

"Young lady! What were you thinking, sneaking out like that? Who did you go out with?!" Angela lectured Cecelie after the police delivered her home early in the morning.

Cecelie shrugged.  "Just some friends..." she mumbled.

"Some friends or Parker Hart?" Angela asked sharply.  "I will not have you sneaking out in the middle of the night with a boy, Cecelie!  There's too much that can go wrong! You need to focus on school! No go to your room immediately! You're grounded for the week!"

"But, moooooom...." Cecelie protested.

"No buts. Now, Go. To. Your. Room!"

Cecelie ran into Analeigh on her way inside.  "Wow, that was rough," Analeigh whispered.  "Think you'll stay grounded?"

"I don't know. I hope not.  I'd miss Parker too much!" Cecelie whispered back.

Analeigh thought a moment.  "Well, you're grounded from inviting over friends, but I'm not.  I'll see what I can do."

Analeigh worked on her mom to see if she could  throw a party, but Angela was on to her on.  Eventually, they were able to invite friends over for Jason's birthday, though.  Mom wanted to make sure Jason had age-appropriate friends.

Happy birthday Jason!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!