May 23, 2012

Potters - Round 23

Violet Potter was glad to be home, but she felt so anxious about her future.  Her gut told her to let Cliff Goss know how she felt about him.  She didn't know anyone else that made her feel the way he made her feel!

 They'd always gotten along throughout college.  It didn't matter to her who his mom was!

"Um, Cliff?" she asked hesitantly.

"What's up Violet?" he smiled.

Violet shuffled her feet.  "Well, I was wondering if you could hang around after everyone leaves. There's something I kind of wanted to talk to you about."

Cliff shrugged.  "Sure."

After everyone shuffled out, Violet took a deep breath and leaned forward to whisper in Cliff's ear.  "I kind of have a thing for you," she whispered.

Startled, Cliff jerked back.  "You what?"

Licking her lips, Violet hesitantly repeated, "I have a thing for you. You know? I like you?"

Cliff stood there, stunned.  "I never knew!"

Violet shrugged.  "I thought it might be complicated."

"Yeah. Real complicated."

"So? What do you think?" she asked, holding her breath in anticipation.

 Cliff hardly missed a beat before he pulled her into his arms.  "I think I can handle complicated! You?"

Violet felt breathless.  He liked her! "I can handle complicated!"

Tilting his head down, he kissed her.

 "What the hell?" Arthur yelled.  "What's going on?"

Violet turned around and saw her older brother was seriously upset.  Holding her hands out to stop him, she spoke quickly, "Arthur! Cliff and I like each other.  It shouldn't..."

Arthur ignored her as he fixed Cliff with a glare.  "Your family hasn't done enough? You have to add seducing my sister to the list?" he demanded.

Cliff rolled his eyes.  "Look, I can't help the circumstances of my birth! And I'm not seducing your sister! I think I love her!"

"Think?" Arthur emphasized.

Violet gasped.  "You love me?!" she ran into him arms.  "I think I love you too! I'll be right back, Cliff!"  Violet ran from the room.

Arthur attempted to hold on to his temper.  "Look, Cliff.  I'm sure you're a great guy. But, it will never work between you & Violet. There's too much family history.."

Cliff put his hands on his hips.  "Thank you for your opinion.  But, I think we'll be fine!"

Violet hurried back into the room and kissed Arthur's cheek.  "I love you, Arthur.  But I have to do this."

"Do what?" he asked in confusion.

Grabbing Cliff's hand, she tugged him towards the door.  "Don't worry! I know what I'm doing!"

It was then that Arthur saw the suitcase in her other hand.  "Violet!"

Arthur hurried out the door, attempting to talk Violet out of whatever rash decision she'd made.  But, it didn't work.  She'd waved & blew kisses to him as she shut the door.

Arthur watched the taxi pull away with his sister & his half brother.  Groaning, he buried his face in his hands.   He'd never thought his Mother and the Goss family could hurt him any more than they had - but apparently that wasn't true.  They were taking his little sister away!

Helen watched Arthur pace around the room for the 10th time.  "Arthur, come to bed.  Walking around the room isn't going to help anything!"

"I just don't understand it, Helen! How could she do this to us?"

Helen sighed.  "She didn't do anything to us.  I know it might feel that way.  But, she loves him."

Arthur snorted.  "HA, out of the blue she decides she loves him!"

"Whether or not she loves him, this is her choice. You have to accept it!"

"It just feels weird!"

Helen patted the bed.  "I know, sweetie. I'm sorry it upsets you so much. It'll get better, don't worry."

Grumbling, Arthur laid down next to Helen.

 But it was a long time before he was able to get any sleep.

****
Although Arthur still worried about his little sister, but time had lessened the sting of betrayal.  Arthur realized, with some help from Helen, that he wasn't really mad at Violet or Cliff- he was mad at his Mother for abandoning them.

Hugging Haley, he wondered how anyone could just walk away from their children.  It just wasn't natural!

Happy Birthday Haley!


Being a parent was a 24-hour a day job.  One that had many benefits... like watching the birth of your new son, Stephan.

Or cheering for that child on their first birthday!

 Happy Birthday Stephen!

 Vaughn couldn't believe his mom was pregnant again! She & Dad sure liked kids!

Mom teased that he'd better watch it because he was old enough to change diapers now.  No thank you! he thought.  Diapers were gross!

 Thank God Stephen was potty trained & ready for kindergarten!

 Happy Birthday Arthur!

Arthur couldn't be happier with how his life had turned out.  He had a beautiful, loving wife and four wonderful children!  The youngest boy they'd named Randall.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!