February 1, 2012

Potters - Round 19

Gwen couldn't help but feel a little disappointed when she'd been elected City Planner.  There was no zing, no fire. She no longer felt like architecture was her passion.

She longed to do something different... something exciting... like Oceanography!

Thankfully a position had been open & she'd been able to enlist before the age requirements blacklisted her.

Sabrina was glad Matt & his friend had come home after school.  He was so funny! She thought he was a little too goofball to date. But, something about him really interested her.

Especially when she found out Jesse Carter was home on break!  She didn't want him to think she'd been pining away for him this whole time!

"Hey pipsqueak," Jesse teased when he'd dropped in to say hi.

Sabrina tossed her hair.  "I'm not a pipsqueak!"  She could tell he was pleased that he riled her.  Man! She needed to work on being cool & not caring.  That would show him!

"Hey, have you met Matt? We're dating!" Sabrina said.

Jesse glanced over at Matt and nodded.  "Congrats."

Feeling stupid, Sabrina walked over to Matt and leaned forward to kiss him.

"Hey! What the hell Sabrina!" Matt said in surprise as he pushed her away.

Sabrina's cheeks flamed red.  Do. Not. Look. At. Jesse. she told herself sternly.  "Shut up Matt," she hissed.  Giving in, she glanced over at Jesse and saw him smirking.  Dang it! she thought furiously.  Feeling irritated, she pushed at Matt and then sat on the couch in defeat.

She was so uncool.

Levi couldn't believe Sabrina was entertaining college boys at home!  "Sabrina! Go to your room!" he demanded.  "And you. I'm sure you're a very nice young man, but as long as Sabrina is under 18 years old and lives under my roof, you're not welcome.  She's much too young to be dating college boys."

"Whoa!" Jesse interrupted.  "I was just coming by to say hi! We're not dating!"

Levi nodded. "Alright, son.  But, I'd prefer if all your visits take place supervised."

"You got it, Mr. Potter.  I was just leaving anyways.  I didn't mean to get Sabrina in trouble.  I just thought I'd pop in."

Levi shook his head after Jesse left.  He knew Sabrina was ready to go off to college anytime now.  Heaven help him!  Despite the fact that he considered himself an intelligent man, he just didn't know how to deal with his teenage daughter!

"Mom! My friend Alton came home with me!" Violet said happily.

Gwen smiled after hugging her daughter hello.  "That's wonderful.  Why don't you run along and play with him.  I'll get dinner started."

Theo almost fell on the floor laughing.  "That's hilarious! You tried to kiss Matt?!"

Sabrina glared. "Shut up, Theo. It's not funny! Now Jesse thinks I'm lame! Then my Dad came home and sent me to my room like a baby."

"Wait, wait! I'm still trying to get over the fact that you tried to kiss Matt and he pushed you away!"

Sabrina rolled her eyes.  She obviously needed a new group of friends....

 Violet loved nature.  She had so much fun observing ants...

Catching fireflies...

And hunting for bugs.

She even loved reading about bugs. "I'll be right there, Mom! I just wanted to look up this one blue beetle to see what it's like!" 

"Happy anniversary," Levi told Gwen as they danced around the room.  "You're the best thing that ever happened to me.  Thanks for sticking by my side through thick and thin."

Gwen squeezed him tight.  "I just can't believe how lucky we are that we met.  I sometimes wonder what would have happened if I had married Aaron Hart instead.  Would we still have met one day & fallen in love like we did?"

"Who knows? I like to think that we're soul mates & that we would always find each other, regardless of where our lives had gone, though.  But, that's just because I can't imagine my life without you."

"And Violet."

Sweet, kind Violet!


2 comments:

  1. Ahahahaha, poor Sabrina though XDD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Levi maxed all skills...yay...haha the funny things girls will do to try and impress boys. I never think about those things nowadays, and I read your blog and it reminds me of times past. ;) Violet does look like a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!