January 31, 2012

Tipton/Carpenter - Round 18

Angela hugged Gary tightly.  It was hard to see all of her friends getting married and having baby's. 

"Angela," Gary said.  "We have this new house and all these wonderful friends. And, I just wanted you to know...."

Angela couldn't believe it. He was going to propose!

"...I have gas."  Gary proceeded to fart, rather loudly.

Wait. That was it? Angela wondered.  Angry at him for being a jerk and angry with herself for expecting a proposal, she stormed inside. 

Gary didn't even know he'd upset her.  He just ran around with some friends and goofed around all afternoon. 

Finally after everyone had gone home, he came in and changed into some more comfortable clothes.  She banged the pots and pans around the kitchen as she cleaned.  "What's the matter with you?" Gary asked.

"Oh, nothing!" Angela snapped.

Gary laughed.  "Aw, you're not mad about earlier, are you? Come on! Don't be such a poor sport!"

Angela came up behind Gary and waited. "I'm sorry we argued earlier.  Do you... want to come to bed?"

Gary yawned and stretched.  "Sure. Let's go!"

Angela snuggled up against Gary, pleased that they'd made up.  She knew they'd have to have "the talk" soon, though.  She didn't want to be just a roommate.  She wanted to be his lifemate!

"Gary, we have to talk," Angela said after breakfast. 

"Sorry, is this about the dirty underwear in the bathroom, again?"

Angela frowned and shook her head.  "No. It's about..."

"Well, it's about our living situation.  I had kind of hoped that... Well... That we could talk about marriage..."

"Marriage?!" Gary was shocked.  "Marriage?  Ummm... Angela, I love you and all, you know I do! But, marriage? I'm not ready!"

Angela could feel the blood drain from her body.  She felt a little light-headed.   Please Lord, don't let me faint! she thought to herself.

She dropped her head to the cool table and felt tears spring to her eyes.  He wasn't ready to get married? What did he think they were doing?!  They'd gone steady all the way through college! She'd given him her virginity! And he didn't know if he was ready for marriage?!

"Aw, come on baby, don't be like this!" Gary said.  "You know I love you!" Pulling her up, he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her.  "It doesn't mean never.  It just mean means... not now..."

Angela nodded.  Okay.  She could handle this. Maybe she had just sprung it on him.  Not now didn't mean never...

But it felt like Gary started slipping further and further away.  He threw wild sports parties with some friends he met in the athletic department.

And never seemed to have any time for her anymore.  She would've packed up and just left if not for one little thing...

"Gary, I have something to tell you," she said quietly.  "I missed my period.."

Gary looked at her.  "So?"

Clearing her throat, Angela tried again.  "I'm late."

Gary rolled his eyes. "Angela, I don't want to talk about your period! Go call a girl friend! Sheesh!"

Stomping her foot, she yelled, "I'm PREGNANT, Gary!"

Gary hit his hand against his forehead.  "Pregnant?! You did this on purpose! You're just trying to trap me!"

Angela rolled her eyes, "Oh yeah. Like I would want to be trapped with you! You're SOOOOOO wonderful!"

"Then what are you still doing here if I'm so awful?" he demanded.

"Because I'd made a commitment to you! Because I loved you!"

Gary stopped up short.  "So what are you saying? You don't love me anymore?"

Angela willed the words back in her mouth.  They were going past the point of no return.  "I.... I don't know!"  Crying, she ran into the room and slammed the door.

Gary pounded on the door.  "Unlock the door Angela! Let me in! You can't spring something like this on me and then run off!"  He pounded on the door again.

Grumbling, he headed towards the couch and laid down.  "Hell."

"You ready to talk yet?" Gary asked.

Angela ignored him.  She wasn't ready to talk. She didn't know what she wanted.

"Maybe it's best if I find somewhere else to stay," Gary offered. 

Angela slammed the plate down on the counter. "Oh I'm sure you'd love that! To go off with one of your cheerleader buddies!"

Gary held his hands out. "Hey! I'm trying! You won't even talk to me! We're obviously over!"

Angela turned around. "Is that what you think? That we're over? I'm pregnant!"

Gary sighed. "I know. But, I wasn't ready to get married and I'm definitely not ready to be a Dad!"

Angela had to sit.  "So, that's it? It's over?"

Gary awkwardly nodded. "Yeah. Just give me some time to find somewhere else and I'll be out of your hair." Standing up, he went to get ready for work.  "But, don't worry! I'll be here for you and the kid!"

Angela couldn't believe he'd invited all their friends over.  It was so hard to look any of them in the face. Although, he seemed to be having a good time. 

James playfully elbowed her. "What's the matter?" he asked.

Angela shook her head. "Nothing."

"Come on, you can't tell me nothing. I can see it on your face."

Leaning over, she whispered, "Gary's leaving me."

James straightened up in shock and said loudly,  "What?!"

"Shhhhhh..." she whispered, looking around.  "I don't want everyone to know!"

"Well, what the hell happened?" he demanded.

Angela shrugged. "I don't wan to talk about it."

Gary walked outside to find her leaning over, tight jeans showcasing her attributes.  "Hey, can I help you?" he asked.

Camilla spun around. "Sorry, I was just admiring your guitar. It's top notch!"

Gary nodded. "Yeah, I love to come out here and jam. You play?"

Camilla shook her head.  "Oh no. I'm not a guitar player. I prefer the piano."

Gary smiled, "Ah. I used to play when I was a kid."

Their conversation was interrupted when James stormed outside and shoved him.


"What the hell was that for?!" Gary demanded as he shoved James back.

"For being an ass, that's what!"

"What the hell has gotten into you?" Gary asked.

James just glared.  "Angela told me everything. I can't believe you'd screw her over." Glancing at Camilla, he added, "On all fronts!"

Gary held his hands out, "Look, I don't know what she told you. But, you need to mind your own business. This is between Angela & me. Not you."

James just pointed a finger at Gary and said, "It concerns me because she's my friend."

Gary watched James storm back inside and ran a hand through his hair. "Sorry about that," he said.  "Ex-girlfriend drama."

Camilla stepped forward so that she was standing very close to Gary. "Perhaps I can make you feel better," she offered.

Gary lit up. "Oh yeah?" he asked, sliding his hands around her waist.  "Like how?"
After their kiss, Gary stroked her cheek. "Yeah, that did it! I feel much better now!"

Laughing, they went back in to join the party.
Angela was furious.  She couldn't believe he was out there with that girl! Everyone was looking at her with pity-filled eyes.  Everyone except James, that is.  He was furiously staring at the back door, as though he wanted to go back outside and rip Gary's limbs off.

When Gary & his floozy waltzed in with their arms around each other and laughing, she'd snapped.  "You're right! We're not together anymore, but this is ridiculous! I want you out! I can't watch you... do this..." her voice broke.

Gary attempted to pacify her. "Alright. Alright! I'll go! I'll just pick my stuff up another time. Come on Camilla, let's go back to your place."

Angela watched him walk out the door. 

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh!" she screamed.

Opal attempted to comfort her.  "It'll be okay, Angela."

"No it won't! It's time," she huffed.

"I'll call you Aidan," she said happily.  "Aidan Carpenter!"

3 comments:

  1. Gary & Angela disappointed me so badly! They were madly in love as teenagers and through college. But, as soon as they moved out to the real world... nothing! They had 1 bolt with each other. Not a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo sad ç__ç! These things happen, but: Gary! Poor Angela ç_ç.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the premier Vamp in the hood...let's see how he deals with THAT. LOL Pretty baby Aidan. I think Angela will be better off~!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!