January 31, 2012

Reeds (3) - Round 18

Kate frowned.  "I'm sorry baby, I just don't feel like dancing."

Ralph had come up behind Kate and swung her around in a dance.  "Sorry, baby, I was just trying to have some fun.  Are you feeling okay?"

Kate shook her head.  "I've been feeling pretty bad this morning.  My stomach has been cramping...  I think it's almost time..."

By the end of the day, she had delivered little Victoria.

"Katherine, be reasonable," Kate said.  "Victoria needs your crib.  You're a big girl now!"

"But, Mom! It was my crib for so long! Can't you get her a new one?"

Kate shook her head.  "And before you used it, it was Walker's!"

"Fine! I don't care!"

"Come on munchkin, I'll take you to school," Ralph interjected.  "Who cares about a silly old crib when you get to go to school?!"

"No, I want to take the bus! I've always wanted to ride the bus!"

"Did you guys get all your homework done?" Kate asked over breakfast.

"Yes," the kids chimed.

"Good! Maybe we can do something fun tonight, like go to the park?"

"Yay!"

(I just liked this picture. The bone almost looks bigger than their dog, Ocelet!)

Kate was so excited Ben Landry was coming home.  They were going to toss the football around.

"That's so cool you like football, Kate!" Ben said.  "Most girls don't like to get dirty or run around."

"Well, I love sports!"

Ben grinned, "Yeah, you're just like one of the guys!"

Happy Birthday little Victoria!

Walker hung up the phone and grinned.  Rebeka Pai said she'd come over with a few of her friends.  Awesome!

Rebeka was SO hot! He wondered if he had a shot with her.  She was a grade ahead of him... maybe she wouldn't want to go out with a freshman.

But, hey... you didn't get anywhere if you didn't try!  Walker walked up and asked her to dance.  She seemed pretty game to boogey with him!

Christa smiled as she played with Victoria.  "Isn't she so cute?" she asked Lestat. 

Lestat had been grinning as he watched Christa and the toddler.  "Yeah... I definitely see cuteness..."

Christa glanced up quickly.  There was something about the way he said that... was he teasing her?

Walker was ready to make him move.  "Man, you're a good dancer," he told Rebeka.
Wait. That was it? Walker frantically tried to think of something else.

"Ummmm....."

Rebeka laughed.  "You're a sweet kid," she told him.

No! Walker thought.  Not a kid!  Without much else planned, he leaned forward and kissed her on the lips.  "I'm not a kid!"

Rebeka sighed.  "I'm sorry," she said. "But you're too young for me!"

Walker's shoulders slumped in defeat.

But, you never knew who you might meet...

Kate danced with Victoria as Ralph studied for his next promotion.  She'd been feeling the contractions for most of the day.  Excusing herself, she went to lay down.

She wasn't surprised when she gave birth some time later.  Welcome to the Paradise Bay, little Miss Theresa!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christa! *wavies* I remember you from the werewolf fambily. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!