January 29, 2012

Reeds (2) - Round 18

 "So this is it?" Rosa asked as they stood in front of the Glen.

"This is it!" Wilson said, breathing a deep breath.  "God, it's good to be home."  He gazed lovingly at the place he grew up.  The plants, the flowers, and his family!

Glancing back at Rosa, he noticed some discomfort.  Taking her hands, he promised, "If you don't like it here, we can leave! I promise!"

Rosa smiled, "I know. I think I'll love it here. It just takes some getting used to!"

"Hey guys, welcome home Wilson! Hi, Rosa! I was just out the door!" Phillip waved as he left. 

It was a shock to see Phillip so grown-up, he could still remember when Phillip was just a little kid tagging along.  Now, here he was going off to college!

Over dinner, Wilson fidgeted.  "Rosa... there's something I've been wanting to ask you..." he stammered.

"What is it?" Rosa asked. 

"Ummm.... will you...."

Rosa watched Wilson turn around root around in his pocket.  "What are you doing? What's up?"

Wilson glanced back up, embarrassed. "Umm... hold on... it's stuck..."  Finally Wilson managed to wiggle it out of his pocket.  Clearing his throat he held out the ring.

"Will you marry me?"

Rosa could hardly contain her excitement! "Oh I will, Wilson! I love you!"

Wilson clasped his hands together and grinned.  "It's beautiful! You're beautiful!"

"Hey beautiful!" Bronadir called out as the female jogged by.  Running in place, she turned around to see who had called her.  Seeing the rose, she'd immediately swooned.

Bronadir had been able to talk her into a quick soak to relax the muscles!

It was so invigorating starting her new job.  Rosa knew everyday would be like having another adventure!  It was easy to appreciate adventures when you lived in such a beautiful Glen like this, she thought happily.

Of course, being engaged to such a wonderful, thoughtful man helped, too!

Wilson looked around and loved what his Mom had done in preparation for his wedding.  The Glen looked perfect! Beautiful pink & white flowers carpeted the grounds.

He didn't think there was anything that would mar the beauty of this day!

He'd been wrong...

"It's just not going to be the same without her," Wilson cried.

"I know, baby. Come here and let me hold you," Rosa told him.

Wilson crawled back in bed and buried his head on Rosa's shoulder.  "I miss her so much!"

"I know.  I know."  Rosa softly stroked his hair and Wilson soon fell asleep. 

Wilson woke up after his nap and turned to find Rosa gone.  He got up and trudged to the kitchen, thinking about making a quick tv dinner.

He stopped short when he saw Rosa in the kitchen talking with his family as though she belonged there. It made him realize how much he loved her.

Rosa glanced over.  "Hey baby! You're awake!"

Wilson just nodded, not trusting himself to speak.  When he opened his arms, she walked into his hug.  Perfect, he thought.  Right where she belonged.

2 comments:

  1. Ahahaha, all those sim-plants make me laugh, I don't know whyXD... Rosa is beautiful *-*!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, looks like a herd of plant people. hehehe Love how the grounds look though, all the beautiful plants.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!