January 11, 2012

Potters - Round 17

Gwen held Levi's hands as they gazed at each other.  Tentatively, she brought up something she hadn't been able to bring up before now.   "Levi...  I, well, I'm not getting any younger.  And I love your children more than I ever thought was possible! But, I, well, I want to have a baby with you."

Levi reeled back in horror.  "No! Absolutely not! Things are so good right now! I can't... I just can't go through that again!"

Gwen stroked his cheek.  "Was it really that bad?"

Levi shuddered.  He remembered being exhausted beyond belief and finding Lilly passed out on the floor three times before he'd finally managed to convince her to get help.  And then, after all that, she hadn't loved him anymore when she woke up.  Because he'd failed her...

Levi stepped back.  "No baby's!"  When it looked like Gwen was going to say something else, he hurried out of the room, muttering about getting ready for work.

Levi came home from work, wishing he felt more excited to be home than he did.  He couldn't believe Gwen had blind-sided him like that.  They should be celebrating his promotion to City Planner, but all he could see was Gwen saying she wanted a baby.

But, he stopped as he walked in the house, maybe he wasn't being fair to Gwen.

 Levi waited for Gwen outside until she got off work.  He knew a grand gesture would be needed after how badly he'd bungled it this morning.

Dropping to one knee, Levi told Gwen all the wonderful things he loved about her.  "And the best thing is what a wonderful Mom you are!"

Gwen wiped the tears from her eye.  "Then why don't you want to have a baby with me?" she asked as she pulled her hands away from him.

Levi grabbed her hand back.  "Baby! It's not you! I'm just scared of the pregnancy.  Lilly had such a horrible pregnancy.  And then she wasn't right afterwards.  She didn't love me anymore, she didn't want anything to do with the kids..." he trailed off.

Gwen turned her back to Levi.  "Well, I'm not her!"

Levi was frustrated that he couldn't seem to say this right.  "I know you're not.  I do! And, what I was trying to tell you is that I'd love to have a baby with you!  I can't promise not to try to wrap you in bubble-wrap... but... if you still want to..."

Levi wasn't able to finish his sentence because Gwen had launched herself into his arms.
 
 "Ew!" Sabrina laughed when her Dad and Gwen ran through the house and slammed the bedroom door shut.

Alan laughed.  "I think it's sweet."

Sabrina flipped her hair.  "You won't think it's sweet when we're up at 3 in the morning because the baby's crying!"

Sabrina called up her childhood friend, Patrick (aged up townie), to see if he wanted to hang out and watch tv.  He happily came over.  Sabrina wasn't particularly attracted to him... but she thought it would be easier to convince him to try out a few things...

Apparently, she'd thought wrong!  Patrick had looked appalled when she asked if he wanted to kiss. 

Meanwhile... Gwen's pregnancy had gone smoothly.  Levi was driving Gwen crazy! She wasn't allowed to cook, she wasn't allowed to clean, go to work, or do anything fun!  He wanted her resting 24/7.  She was about to go crazy!  The one thing that kept her from biting his  head off was the fact that she knew how scared he was for her...

And that made her love him even more...

"Are you sure you don't need a doctor?" Levi asked as Gwen groaned.  "That's it! I'm calling 9-1-1!"  Levi was about to run to get the phone when he heard Gwen tiredly chuckle.

 "Don't do that silly.  Come over and meet your daughter, Violet!"

Levi's heart melted at what a beautiful daughter he had.  "Another daughter! Come here kids! See your little sister!"

Levi was so excited, he called over the headmaster.  "I know she's just been born, but I want the best for her.  I want to assure myself she has a place the minute she starts kindergarten."

The Headmaster smiled wanely.  "I'm sorry sir. I can guarantee a spot for all of your children over 5, if you're interested."

Levi smiled, "A little premature, huh?"

The Headmaster hid his grin.  "Just a smidge, sir."




2 comments:

  1. I am really happy that Levi and Gwen found a way to overcome what happened :). Good luck to the child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I didn't realize that Levi was that old! lol

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!