December 11, 2011

Potters - Round 15

Lily had a rough morning.  She was pretty sure she was pregnant again.  She couldn't wait to tell Levi. She knew he would be so excited!

Starving, Lily stumbled towards the refrigeration and pulled out the leftover turkey.  As she made her way to the table, she shrieked when she saw a ghost.

Levi heard Lily scream and ran towards the kitchen, where he saw her laying on the floor.  Dropping to his knees, he felt her pulse.  Tapping her cheek, he tried to revive her...

He'd never been happier as she opened her eyes and gasped.  "Levi! I swear I saw a ghost!"

Levi patted her hand.  "Sweetie, did you bump your head? There's no such thing as ghosts.  Why don't you go rest and we'll talk in the morning."

Levi came out of the bathroom and was shocked to find Lily on the floor again.

"Lily? Are you okay? Do I need to call an ambulance?"

Lily slowly stood up.  "No, I think I'm okay. I just felt a little faint. I... think I'm fine..."

(This is actually a third time. Poor Levi really had to go bathroom & he passed out standing up after reviving his blessed wife.)

But... apparently the fourth time is not charmed.

Levi wrung his hands in despair. He should've called the ambulance instead of listening to Lily. He knew something was wrong with her.  Sobbing into his hands, he frantically thought of something that would revive her...

 ...the genie!  Alvin rubbed the lamp and saw a plumb of purple smoke raise up...

...and his legs gave way in shock.

Levi felt like he was cracking up.  Standing in front of him was a purple genie.  Could he wish for Lily back? he wondered.

(Oh God! This was hilarious! Apparently even Genies are scared of Ghosts! The poor genie acted shocked & had a red ghost emblem above his head...

(...and then promptly wet himself.  Priceless!)

YES! Lily is resurrected as a flesh and blond woman!  (Although secretly I was wishing for a zombie...  I mean Levi was in the red when he made his wish... She should've been a zombie!)

Lilly glanced around and was confused.  "This is not my house..." she said quietly.  "Where am I?"

Levi stood by nervously.  "What do you mean, sweetie?"

Lilly glanced at the stranger in front of her.  "Sweetie?" she asked fearfully.  Where was she?"

Lily was so unsettled. The doctor said she had amnesia.  It was strange.  She could remember her family, but she didn't recognize the man who claimed to be her husband... or the children...

Her Mom said that her memory would come back and to just wait patiently.

Crying, Lily delivered another set of twins with a father that she didn't even know!  A little girl they named Sabrina & a little boy they named Alan.

Levi had been wonderful and gave her space to come to terms with her life.  He never pushed.  But, Lily gazed into the mirror and wondered when she would feel comfortable in her own skin.  She didn't think she wanted to spend the rest of her life with this man...

"Thanks for coming Mom," Lily said as she hugged her.  "It's been so weird. I was thinking I should move back in with you."

Michelle shook her head and held Lily's hands.  "No, you need to stay here with your husband and your children.  Your memory will come back and you'll be as happy as you once were."

Lily wasn't convinced.  "I'll try Mama," she promised.
Levi felt like he was walking on eggshells with Lily all the time. He still wore his wedding ring, but she'd taken hers off once the Genie had revived her.  She said she just needed time to remember...

And in the meantime, he wasn't allowed to touch her.  He had crawled into bed with her the first night & she'd shrieked and given him an earful.  She'd taken to sleeping in the guest room after that.

God it was tough, he thought.  She was the same woman he feel head over heels in love with... but for some reason... she wasn't the same woman...

To make matters worse, she didn't have anything to do with the boys either.  He'd suggested that she help them with their homework or go play a game with them, but she generally said she was too busy.  It made him feel so... powerless... He felt like his happy family was slipping away and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

Lilly spent her time doing the chores & trying to stay busy.  If she stayed busy, she didn't have to have a conversation with Levi.

(I see you Alvin! You're totally not hiding behind that light! You'd better not scare Lily! You ghosts have caused enough trouble in this house!)

"Lily, I miss you sweetie.  We've been together since high school. You really have no memories of me?"

Lilly wrung her hands.  "No. I'm really sorry. I might just need more time..."  Lily looked away.

Levi hung his head.  "Maybe if we were to go out on a date?"

Lilly's head snapped back. "Oh no!" Then, she realized how that sounded. "I mean... the kids...  Look. I'm really tired. I'm going to bed now. I'll see you in the morning."

Levi went to bed... alone...

Lily had decided that inviting over a few old friends might help jog her memory.  It was so weird that she was able to remember everyone but her husband. 

"Gabe..." Lily said, startled. "I didn't hear you come in. I was just tucking little Sabrina in."

Levi cuddled his toddlers right before bed.  He'd need to tuck them in and then go help the boys with their homework.  It felt like there was always something that needed to be done!

 ***


"Levi... I don't know what to say..." Lily hesitantly started.  "I have to move on..."

 Levi was shocked.  "What are you talking about? Why?"


Lily held out her hands. "Because I don't know you! Because I'm not attracted to you!" She hung her head.  "I'm sorry. I've tried to make it work..."


Levi was furious! "You haven't tried to make anything work! You've been holding back since that night!"


Lily rolled her eyes. "Just because I wasn't sleeping with you didn't mean I was holding back!" she fired back angrily.  Taking a deep breath, she tried to defuse the situation, "Look, I know this is hard. But, you have to accept the fact that I'm not the young girl you married.  I... changed somehow... I feel different now... I'm sorry!" Lily wiped a tear from her eye and hurried out of the house.

Levi ran after her.  "What about the kids?!" he yelled.  "You're just going to leave them?"

Lily just shook her head and ran to the waiting cab.




4 comments:

  1. O_O Did really Lily had no memories of her husband after being resurrected O_O? Poor Levi...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No memory whatsoever! Her first wants were to be friends with Levi, to fall in love & to get married. And she had no bolts with Levi anymore! DOH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O_O I have tried to resurrect someone with the lamp, but I don't remember the resurrected having no memories. But mine was a zombie, so, maybe, that's why? Poor Levi anyway. I'll read the rest as soon as I can :).

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!