December 17, 2011

Downies (2) - Round 15

Victor was nervous when he received the phone call from Count Pai. 

"Sure, that would be fine if you came over."

Victor made sure he had his weapon on him and double-checked that Whitney had gone to bed.  Locking the door, he stepped outside to wait for Count Pai's visit.

He wasn't waiting long when the dark shadow approached.  "Nice to see you," Victor said in greeting.

"I'm not here for pleasantries," Count Pai said.  "It's come to my attention that Regina is going to give the reins to our daughter.  She's going to pass me over! I just want to find someone who's loyal to me!  Are you my man?"

Victor couldn't believe his luck.  "You bet I'm your man.  I've got your back."

Count Pai nodded tersely.  "Good. That's settled. I must be going."

Victor had been given orders to meet Count Pai at a certain place the next night.  This was it. He was in the big league now. 

Going to the phone, he dialed in a number that he hadn't used for awhile...

"Thanks for coming over Austin.  It's been awhile since we've worked together in the field.  I've been deep undercover in the 'snake nest' and received these orders from Count Pai.  I think with this information we can take them down."

Austin read over the papers.  "You know, I'm semi-retired now. But, I'll show this to Natalie Tan. I think this information will prove useful."

"I don't think we should go in unless we're able to take them all down.  Regina will be the hardest. She's amassed a large following of loyal crooks.  It's almost like she entrances them!  We need more planning, but this is a good start..."

Austin nodded.  "I'll pass along the information.  Extract yourself and take a long vacation, go for a sea cruise, do something to get yourself out of this area."

Victor nodded. "I already have it planned.  I've already signed up for a stint in oceanography."

Victor cuddled with Whitney in the spa that night and gazed up at the night sky.  Whitney wrapped her arms around him. "I'm so glad you're actually home tonight! You were working so many hours!"

"I know. It was hard there for awhile. I'm so glad I switched jobs. It gives us more time to be together."

"And more time to work on our Dream Dates," she cooed.  "Speaking of which..."

***

Whitney ate her pancakes and felt the nausea flaring.  "Oh God! Don't throw up! Don't throw up!" she willed herself as she ran to the bathroom.  She was never eating at that fishery again.  Victor had convinced her to try a place close to his work, but she was sure those raw oysters had given her food poisoning.  Just wait until he got home!

1 comment:

  1. OOh and the criminal plot thickens!!!! (BTW honey...it's not the raw oysters that is making you feel sick).

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!