December 16, 2011

Carters - Round 15

 "Yes... No... I understand sweetie.  Come over and see your Mother and I..."  Adam hung up the phone and shook his head.

Michelle hovered by the phone, ringing her hands.  "Is everything okay?"

Adam held up his hands.  "Lily just called and said she just walked out on Levi and the kids!"

Michelle gasped.  "She didn't! Of all our kids, I never imagined that I would go through this with her! She was in love with him since she was little!"

Adam wrapped his arms around his wife, leaning his chin on the top of her head. "I just don't understand our kids sometimes."

Michelle waited outside for Lily anxiously.  She couldn't believe Lily would make such a mistake.  She knew it'd been hard since the night of her accident, but you simply didn't abandon your children!

"Mom, don't start," Lily said as she walked up the walk.  "I made my decision. I'm starting over with Gabe."

Michelle scoffed.  "And what do we know about him? When do we get to meet him?"

Lily wrung her hands. "I don't know, Mom. It's all been kind of a whirlwind..."

Michelle frowned.  "You're the mother of four babies.. you're not allowed to whirlwind!"

Lilly sniffled and wiped a tear away.  "But, I don't remember them.  They don't feel like mine when I hold them. I want to feel like a mom, like you!"

Michelle's heart broke for her little girl.  Gathering Lily in her arms, she hugged her tight.  "It will all work out.  Now, let's go have dinner and you can tell me about this Gabe person."


***

Shannon never forgave Lily for causing Mom & Dad so much heart ache in one night.  When he went to check on them, he'd discovered they'd both passed away in the middle of the night.  Shannon believed they'd died of broken hearts after hearing how Lily had abandoned her children to go live in sin with someone she had just met...


"You just need to do something a little different Sonja to break out of this funk you're in.  Do you want to do a makeover? Go shopping? I know you miss Grandma and Grandpa, but it's not good to dwell on it, either."

Sonja shrugged.  "Maybe I could do my hair a little more like yours?"

"It's beautiful, sweetie!"

Brittany peeked in the lab where Alton was working.  He didn't like to be disturbed, so she didn't say anything - she just wanted to see him.  He buried himself in the lab for hours at a time and the only time she saw him was at dinner time.

Frowning, she stared at his shirt hugging his belly.  She might need to suggest that he work out with his father a little more and take more breaks from tinkering.

Alton knew his Mom thought his tinkering was silly.. but it was so amazing to build things with own bare hands.  "There!" he announced triumphantly.  "A cleanerbot!"




2 comments:

  1. I know I said that, but I do love how you make the plot with what happens in the game! I am sorry for Michelle and Levi though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Michelle is having a mid life crises....

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!