November 18, 2011

Sim State Uni - 8th Class


Erica didn't know what came over her.  She knew that Whitney loved Brett, but for some reason, seeing him in that suit really did something to her.  She pulled him to her and kissed him for all she was worth.

Jody blushed as she hurried out of the bathroom.  She couldn't believe she'd seen Wilbur mostly naked! How embarrasing!  But, man, he was hot, she thought, stealing a glance at him. 

 (Just thought I'd find out who likes who...  Apparently guys are going to be fighting over Evelyn's attention!)

Good thing Brett is oblivious to the sisters trying hard to get his attention. 

Brett tried to ignore Whitney and Erica as they tagged around after him.  Geesh! What were they, 12?!  He could hear them bickering about who was going to talk to him.  He just grabbed the trash and went to take it outside.  (Seriously, Brett was oblivious to the girls & they kept randomly spawning thoughts to kiss him, hug him & do all sorts of unspeakable acts with him and literally chased him around the dorm.  They followed him out to the trash can & then decided to toss a football to each other.  It was like watching a race - who gets to Brett first & pisses off the other sister!)

Evelyn strolled out of the study hall and blushed when she saw Seth Carter standing there without a shirt on.  "Oh my goodness," she exclaimed.  Then glanced again.  "You have a really chest," she said, feeling silly.

Seth laughed.  "Thanks. Don't worry, I won't comment on your really nice chest!"

"Oh my goodness," Evelyn laughed, then awkwardly glanced at her watch. "Oh look at the time! Class!"
Brett checked down the hall and made sure the coast was clear.  Then, grabbed Whitney close to him for a goodnight kiss.  "I'll see you tomorrow," he told her and slapped her on the butt as she walked away.

"Hi, I'm Laura, want to be my study partner?" she asked Brett as soon as Whitney walked away.

Brett leaned over and whispered in Laura's ear what he'd like to study.

Whitney stormed through the halls looking for Brett.  "Whitney told me that you slept with her, too! You jerk! You can't have either one of us?"

 Brett cringed. "Sorry about that," he said. 


Laura raised her eyebrows.  "When and where?"

 
***

"I can't believe you! You're supposed to be my sister!" Whitney said as she poked Erica.  Erica poked back harder. 

"Oh please, you don't care about him! You just wanted to go a bajillion dream dates!" Erica accused.

"Yeah and now that's RUINED, thanks to you!" Whitney yelled.  "I hate you!"

Erica turned on her heels and ran into her room, slamming the door.


"Well, this isn't awkward at all!" Adam joked at dinner.

Brett sat down next to Erica, "Come on, you can't not talk to me! We've been friends forever!"

Erica put her silverware down.  "Well, I don't think I'm hungry anymore. Excuse me."

Adam cornered Jody after dinner and tried to joke about the tension.  He'd gotten into Sim State, but Jody had barely said two words to him. He was starting to imagine that they'd ever had a thing going.  "So, how about those three? Crazy, huh?"

Jody glanced down.  "I need to get some studying done, Adam."

"Oh!" Adam started, "Yeah, sure. Sorry." Then, he turned back towards Jody and smooched her.  "There. I did it. And I'm not sorry!"

"Jody!" Wilbur cried from across the room.

Jody cringed.  "Wilbur! It's not what you thought! We had a thing in high school..."

Adam frowned.  "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to poach." He then fixed Jody with a glare.  "Thanks for telling me that you were seeing other people."

Jody reached out to Adam. "No. I mean. It's not like that. It just kind of happened. I didn't know how to tell you?"

Whitney grabbed her macaroni and sat down with Erica. "Can I sit with you?"

Erica shrugged, "Sure, it's a free country."

Whitney sighed. "Come on, don't be like that.  Let's not let a guy stand between us."

Erica ate her macaroni. "You're right. I'm sorry. He's just a silly, incredibly hot, guy."

Whitney laughed. "A silly, incredibly hot, amazing kisser..."

Both girls sighed in unison.

Whitney was swept off her feet when Brett grabbed her and kissed her.  She cringed when she thought of Erica... but... really... he was an amazing kisser!

Adam had heard enough from Wilbur.  "Watch your mouth when you talk about Jody!" he threatened. "I already told you I didn't know she was seeing you when I made my move."

Wilbur rubbed his backside.  "Whatever," he mumbled.  God, college sucks, he thought.  Bad grades & no girl.  College was supposed to be better than this!

And he had to watch the woman of his dreams fall in love with someone else...

And Evelyn fall in love with Seth.
Erica watched Whitney fawning over Brett and inwardly sighed.  She wasn't jealous... she was just... Okay. She was jealous.  She had just thought for a moment that she and Brett might've been something... But it turned out he was just interested in catting around.  She felt sorry for Whitney...

Erica joined Brett at the chess table.  "I hope you're serious about her this time." Erica warned.

Brett glanced up. "What do you mean?" he asked.

"You know what I mean.  You're the king of 'no strings'," she accused. "Doesn't it get old breaking people's hearts?"

Brett glared.  "What are you talking about?"

Erica scoffed.  "You're useless!"

Brett had sat outside at the table for awhile, stewing over what Erica had said.  He'd been so annoyed, he'd gone in and grabbed that chick self-help book on Mr. Right.  As he read through it, he realized that he was a dick... only concerned with himself and not with how he made other people feel. 

Brett knocked once and then walked into Erica's room.  "Erica, I have to talk to you!" he said. 

Erica glanced at the clock and yawned, "It's 3 in the morning, Brett! What's going on?"

Brett paced the room.  "I just couldn't sleep. I was thinking about what you said... about how I use people. And it's true." He raked a hand through his hair. "It's true and I don't want it to be true! But, I don't know how to fix it.  I think I just... I just wanted people to like me..."

Erica sat, shocked. "Wow."

Brett put his hands on his hips and glared. "Wow? That's all I get? Just 'Wow'?"

Erica took pity on him. "Come on up to the roof & we'll talk."

Erica and Brett sat upstairs until morning time and talked until the sun came up.  He'd talked about how he must've confused romance and friendship. 

"You know, you don't have to kiss everyone you meet!" Erica teased.

Brett shook his head, "I know that now. You know, I never knew what I wanted to do with life besides sleep with a bunch of girls.  But, now... now I think I want to go into law."  Brett looked over and tapped her foot with his own.  "Thanks for talking to me about this."

Erica tucked her hair behind her ear. "You're welcome."

Brett and Erica were close after that. It was like they shared a secret.  They studied together and he spent less and less time with Whitney.  And Whitney definitely noticed. 

Wilbur watched Brett's gaze track Erica across the room.  "When are you going to tell her?" he asked.

Brett sputtered, "Tell her what?"

Wilbur rolled his eyes, "You know... that you love her and not her sister!"

Brett started to protest, "I don't love her!"  But, then he had to sit down.  "Oh God, I love her and not her sister," he stuttered.  "What a mess!"

That night Brett watched Erica look through the telescope. Everything about her was special, he thought.  She was so different from her sister: more mature, kind, caring, smart.  Not that Whitney wasn't all those things... she just wanted to have fun.  Which was why they'd been such a great match.  But now, parties, dating and those things meant less to him. He wanted substance.  But how was he supposed to convince Erica to take another chance on him now that he'd messed it up so bad?  He had to show her he was serious!

With resolve, Brett spun Erica around and dropped to one knee.  "Marry me Erica!"

Erica was shocked and punched his shoulder, almost knocking him over. "What kind of sick joke is this?!" she yelled.

Brett shook his head, "It's not a joke. I'm in love with you. I have been since that night you laid into me at the chess table. You make me want to be a better man."

Erica shook her head. "But you're dating Whitney... she's my sister.."

Brett winced. "We're not really dating... She's seeing other guys..."

Erica glared, "And you're seeing other girls?"

Brett shook his head again, "No! Only one girl. Well, you! I love you! Just say yes..."

Erica stood there silently for so long that Brett started to give up hope. Until finally, he heard her whisper "yes". 

He jumped up and grabbed her tight.  "Yes? Really? Yes?!"

Erica laughed as he spun her around.  "But you're dead meat if you even look at another girl!"

Brett held his hand over his chest, "I solemnly swear not to look at any other females. God, I'm so happy!"
"So it's true!" Whitney yelled as she stalked over towards them.  "And here we are again! Back and forth!"

Brett cringed.  "It's not like that Whitney. I... I just asked her to marry me..."

Whitney reared back as if she'd been slapped.  "Marry?"

Erica felt awful!  "I'm so sorry Whitney. I know you had feelings for him..."


Whitney backed up a step. "What? Feelings for him? Ha! I... umm... have to go... Wilbur wanted to study tonight... you know..."

Erica watched Whitney run off and felt so incredibly sad.  Brett felt worse.  He reached out and held her hand.  "We'll make it okay. I know I've made a lot of mistakes, but we'll make it alright. I promise."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!