November 21, 2011

Harts - Round 13

"You have the nerve to show your face here after what you pulled?!  I guess I was just a college fling!"  Seth was so upset... hurt... and just downright pissed...

Evelyn flinched.  "I'm sorry," she said.  "We never meant to hurt anyone.  We just still had feelings for each other."

"Well, go be happy somewhere else! I don't want to see you ever again!"

Mason put his arm around Evelyn's waist.  "Come on, baby, let's go home." He steered her towards the door.

Seth collapsed on the couch and buried his face in his hands.


All Aaron had ever wanted was to get a girl to like him and go steady.  All the girls he knew were either family or not interested.  He gave in and called the matchmaker & asked her to hook him up with an amazing girl.

They stayed up all night talking and getting to know each other.  Aaron stepped closer and held her hands.  "I'd really like to kiss you," he told her.

Amber thought about it a moment, then nodded.  "Okay."

"Really?!" Aaron's voice cracked.  He was so nervous! His first kiss!  Leaning forward hesitantly, he pecked her on the lips and then pulled away.

Seth was tired of moping around the house and watching Aaron with his new girlfriend & Susie with her steady stream of dates.  Aaron had told him that he met Amber through the matchmaker, so he thought that might work for him, too.  Anything to get Evelyn off his mind!

"Heeeeeeey... good looking...." Seth said before he could stop himself.  God, he mentally kicked himself.  What an idiot!  And if the expression on Diane's face was anything to go by, she was thinking the exact same thing...

But, it was love at first sight.  Because before the matchmaker could even leave the property, Seth had leaned forward and kissed Diane tenderly on the lips.  Seth was relunctant to go to work.

"Will you wait for me? I have to go to work, but I don't want today to end.  Just wait here.. watch some tv... ignore my parents... wait for me..."

Diane felt giddy.  "Okay... I'll be here!" she gushed.

Seth kissed her soundly goodbye and then ran to catch his carpool.

Diane walked in slowly and looked around, feeling awkward now that Seth was gone.  Hesitantly, she walked in and sat on the couch, waiting for someone to pop up and ask her what she was doing there.  It would've been a good question, too!  What in the world was she doing here?!

Seth was worried his parents might grill Diane to death about their relationship.  They'd been very upset with Evelyn for breaking up with him so suddenly.  But, Seth needn't have worried:  Brandi locked herself away in the bathroom practicing a speech.  She was trying to recite a speech on why they should free Shamu the Killer Whale and Matthew was holed up in the study writing his novel about unfulfilled expectations and how you should lower your standards.  (I'm still mad at Matthew for cursing the family with messed up facial features & then getting fired... useless!)

Seth blew in the doorway and looked around eagerly for Diane.  Seeing her on the couch, he ran forward and hugged her tight.  "I'm so glad you're here! I was worried you might've left!"

Diane kissed him back.  "I'm here. I felt incredibly silly... but I'm here... I just couldn't leave..."

Seth stroked her cheek.  "I feel the same way! I hope you don't think I'm crazy, but..."

Seth dropped to one knee.  "Marry me!"

Diane nibbled on her lower lip.  "We don't even know each other, though! This is crazy!"

Seth shoved the ring closer to her.  "We'll get to know each other.  I think what we have is rare - it's like love's thunderbolt has struck! Marry me and let's be crazy in love together!"

Diane threw herself into his arms.  "How could I argue with that reasoning?" she laughed.

Seth helped Diane bring over some of her things and put them in their room.  "Can you think of anything else you'd like?" he asked.  "I can get you anything you miss."

Diane looked around.  "No I think I'm fine."

"I'm glad," Seth said.  "You know, now that you're my wife - you can do whatever you want do. You don't have to be a waitress anymore."


Diane smiled.  "I know, I got a job at the local school. Just until I find something else I like..."

Aaron's shoulders slumped.  Who knew that it was such a big deal to offer some kids orange wedges.  He couldn't believe he lost his job... Aaron kicked a rock on the ground and pouted.  To make matters worse, he hadn't been able to get ahold of Amber at all.  Her family moved out of the country out of the blue.  She said that she could come visit for a few days, but his Mom told him that he wasn't old enough to have house guests.  What did she know?! She was standing in the way of true love!

Aaron decided he was tired of living under his Mom's rules and enrolled in a summer school program early.  Might as well get a head jump on his courses... and get away from Mom!

Diane gazed at her new family.  She couldn't believe how quickly they'd all accepted her as one of their own.  They were the most open, loving family she could ever have imagined.

And she couldn't wait to tell everyone her little secret...


Brandi walked past the withering plants that Amy had lovingly tended after.  They were brown, dead and full of weeds now.  Sighing, she looked up at the night sky and wondered where Amy had gone to.  Brandi missed her terribly...


1 comment:

  1. Wow Seth and Diane...that was quick! Yeah Matthew Hart...is a waste. Where is Amy?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!