November 18, 2011

Harts - Round 12

Brandi wiggled her fingers.  The arthritis was killing her these days and her hair was much grayer than it had been only a few months ago.She glanced over at her children who were joking in the livingroom. 

 Aaron and Susie were growing up fast, too.  Teenagers!

But she still had it!  She'd reached the top of her oceanography career and decided to spend her time researching.  She sat in the livingroom, attempting to study when she heard Matt's car pull in.  She set the book aside and went outside to greet him.

"Are you okay?" she asked, concerned.


Matthew threw his arms to the side, "I've got something to tell you..."



"Oh! You got that raise, didn't you?!" she asked.


Matt shook his head. "No, I lost my job. They made up some cockabull excuse that I was late often." He waved his hand, dismissing his lost job. "Who needs it!"  (MeganPagan: sighs. You are completely useless to me Matthew Hart! If I had a Cow Plant, I would feed you to it!)

Amy wandered around the empty house.  It was strange that no one else was home.  All her siblings had gotten jobs and were busy all the time now.  At least she had her plants, she sighed as she went outside to weed.
Seth was excited when he got home. He couldn't wait to tell Whitney about his day! He'd been working at the hospital and they'd told him they'd hold a spot for him for when he got out of med school!

Whitney came over and kissed him on the cheek. "I'm so proud of you, Seth! You're amazing!"

Seth smiled.  "You're pretty amazing yourself."  Gathering up some courage, Seth asked hesitantly, "I was wondering if maybe you wanted to... you know... go steady?"

Whitney cringed and sadly shook her head.  "I'm really sorry. It's just that we're all about to go off to college... And you know... Who knows what will happen there..."

Seth felt incredibly stupid, but managed to throw on a smile. "Yeah, sure. I understand. You know. College! Parties! People! Who knows! Well, hey... I gotta finish up some homework. You know... busy, busy!" Seth could've kicked himself for sounding so incredibly stupid.

Whitney smiled. "I'm sorry. Congrats about the job again!" she said, then leaned forward and kissed him under the moonlight.  "I'll see you in college!"

Brandi waved her goodbyes to Seth when he loaded up the cab to go to college.  "I'll miss you!" she cried.  Seth looked around, disappointed that Amy hadn't come out to see him off.  "Tell Amy I love her!"

Brandi smiled warmly. "She knows, Seth. It's hard when you do something that she's not going to do. She has her own path to travel."

Amy wouldn't say that she was pouting, per se.  But, she knew she couldn't watch her brother leave without her.  And she also knew that she couldn't go to college.  She didn't know what she wanted...  Tears streamed down her face as she tended to her garden blindly.

"What in the..." Amy gasped.

 "Amy! Where are you going?" Susie called out from the front lawn after her date.   Amy just ducked her head and turned her back to Susie.  "I'm moving!" she called out.  "I'll explain later!"

"Moooooooom!" Susie yelled.



 

2 comments:

  1. She became a Plant-sim? In the photo it doesnt seems o, but... is that a plant?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!