November 23, 2011

Creelmans - Round 13

Adam and Jody settled into their new home and a new routine.  They spent time together advancing their careers and studying.  She might have her nose buried in a book, but she knew Adam was right there next to her if she needed him.

 "Did you eat chips for breakfast?" Jody asked as she carried a plate of omelette's to the table. 

Adam absently kissed her on the cheek. "Had to eat something quick. Gotta go!"

For awhile it was hard to get any time together.  He left for work just as she was getting home.

"Come on, baby," Adam teased as he danced outrageously in front of her.  "Come dance with me."

Jody held up a finger.  "In a minute, Adam. I've almost finished this chapter."

Adam shook his hips.  "But I'm a hunk of burnin' love, baby..."

Jody tried not to giggle.  "Seriously Adam. I'm almost finished..."

"Hunka... hunka..."

Jody slammed the book shut.  "There! Done! Finished! Race you to the bed Hunka!"

Adam shouted, "Hey! No fair! You got a head start!" Then caught her dress as it hit him in the head.  He quit complaining and hurried after her.


Jody watched from the window for when Adam's car would pull up.  She'd missed him today.  Flying out the door and down the front walk, she jumped in his arms.  "I've missed you!"

"Are you ready for the wedding tomorrow? I'm going to wrap you up extra tight tonight to make sure you don't get any cold feet," Adam joked.

"I promise to take care of you in sickness in health... until death do us part..." Adam recited.

"It was a beautiful wedding, sweetie.  I'm so glad I was here to see it!" Jody hugged her Mother tight.  Ever since Daddy died, Mom was convinced she was next. 

Adam went to hug Carlye, "Moooom..." he said.  At the last minute he pulled back and held his hand out for an awkward handshake since she was looking at him like he was crazy. Okay, no hugging yet, he thought.

1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!