October 3, 2011

Carters (2) - Round 11

Jansen helped his kids finish up their homework.  He was still in shock over how much his little girl had grown up!  She was the spitting image of her mother, he thought as he watched her finish up her work. 

 He had to beat the boys off with a stick.  "No dating!" Jansen had firmly told her.

"But, Dad! I love Levi!"

Jansen had been shocked.  Alvin and he had talked about how funny it would be if Levi and Jody or Evelyn and Perry had wound up falling in love... but... this was too early!  "You're still too young," Jansen told her.  "Maybe once you're done with college."

Jody rolled her eyes.

Levi glanced around to make sure her Dad wasn't around.  "I'll see you tomorrow," he said as he squished her.  "I love you!"

"I love you more," she said tenderly.

"No, I love you more!"

"I love you more!"

"Shut. Up!" Perry said across the room and threw a shoe at them.  "Gag!"

Evelyn laughed and held his hands. "I wish you didn't have to go off to college," she said.  "I should've requested to go early and then we could've gone together," she pouted.

"Don't worry. I won't forget you," Perry promised.

Jody heard Mom's car pull up.  "Everyone out the back!" she yelled as she and Perry raced to clean up the place.  Laughing, they collapsed on the couch together and pretended to be working on their homework.

Carlye walked in, floating on cloud nine.  She'd finally reached the top of the intelligence career.  Nothing could get by her!

Perry enjoyed his last breakfast at home.  Pretty soon, he was going to be a real man!

2 comments:

  1. I definitely remember them! Poor Evelyn... but why are all the parents so concerned about dating? Did they forget all the things *they* did?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, I remember Jansen and Carlye!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!