September 6, 2011

Steeles - Round 4

 "Max... What are we doing here?" Alice asked, looking around.  Max had suggested a walk would be good for the baby, but then he had stopped in front of the chapel.

Dropping to one knee, Max pulled a ring out of his pocket.  "Alice Mae, will you do me the honor of marrying me?"

Alice had excitedly looked at the ring, but then stopped.  "Are you sure? I don't want you to marry me just because of the baby.  I want you to marry me because you love me."

Max smiled and took the ring and slipped it on Alice's finger.  "I love you and I love our baby.  I want us to be a family.  I don't want you to have one doubt that I belong to you."

Alice jumped up and down and gazed at her sparkling diamond.

"And..." he said, "There's no better time to get married than right now.  I've invited a few friends over and they're waiting for us inside." He grinned.

Alice swatted his shoulder.  "You were pretty sure I'd say 'yes' then, weren't you!"

Max just laughed.  "Well, you are pretty easy!"

Alice swatted him again and acted huffy.  "Well. We'll see how easy I am tonight!"

Max hugged her tight and nibbled on her neck.  "I can't wait! Sounds like a good night!"

Laughing, they walked hand in hand up to the alter.

"Oh. my back," Alice complained once they'd gone up the stairs.  "This baby keeps kicking my spleen!"

Max watched her with concern.  "Should we cancel the wedding and go to the hospital?"

Alice smiled and patted his hand.  "No way. I got you up at the alter. No cold feet now!" she laughed.

 Max smiled and slipped the ring on her finger.  "No cold feet at all, Mrs. Steele."

Back at home, Max and Alice didn't have long to wait until their little girl Lisa was born.  Alice cradled her daughter in her arms and said softly, "Look Max, she has your eyes!"

Max put his arm around Alice and tickled Lisa's toes.  "She'll be beautiful, just like her Mom," he said.

Alice took her maternity leave, but couldn't wait to get back to work.  She spent the morning cleaning house and the afternoon practicing her routines.  Lisa was such a good baby and would often laugh and coo as Alice performed her mime acts.

"You like it when Mommy looks silly, don't you? Don't you?" Alice cooed as she picked up Lisa from the floor.  "Time to try to go potty now!"

Lisa laughed and said, "Potty!"

"That's right. Mommy's so proud of  you! You're talking so well!"

Max felt such pride in his family.  It was so relaxing to practice his chess moves and listen to Alice and Lisa singing nursery songs or playing peek-a-boo.  He was sure no man could be luckier than he was.

 "Good night, sweetheart," Alice said as she tucked Lisa in.  Then, she walked into their room where Max was getting ready for bed.  Walking up behind him, she hugged him and kissed his cheek.  "I'm going to go take Sakey for a run, baby.  I'll see you in a little bit!"

Max groaned.  "Aw. I'm going to sleep.  I was hoping to cuddle a little tonight."

Alice kissed his cheek again.  "I have to get this post-baby body back to my pre-baby body before I go back to work! I'll make sure my toes are nice and cold when I crawl in bed so you'll know when I'm back."

Turning around in her arms, Max dipped Alice backwards and kissed her.  "You'd better not or I won't be responsible for what I do!"

Laughing as she bounced out of the room, Alice teased, "That's what I'm counting on!"


"Come on Sakey!" she called as she walked out of the house.  "Do you want to go for a jog?"  Sakey bounded through the door with Alice.



4 comments:

  1. Why do I think that the walk with the dog will not be a good thing for them? Anyway, Lisa is adorable :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! The walk with the dog is just because I love that dalmation & thought it would be cool that Alice took Sakey out for a jog. (I didn't know you could do that with the pets.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you could do that w/ pets either! I see it now... I need to get a dog in my hood somewhere and try it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love taking the dog out for a run. I do that sometimes with my pets. :) (Well the pets in my game) This seems like a happy family. I'm sure something will probably happen, but it's nice to see them happy so far.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!