September 4, 2011

Steele - Round 3

Max had such a great time with Alice, he didn't want the night to end.  And they'd had a number of wonderful dates after that.

"You know, Alice.  You're over here all the time anyways.  Would you move in with me?"

Alice had looked unsure.  For a moment, he was afraid that she'd say no.  Quickly, he added, "I've been told I get wonderful newspapers delivered!"

Laughing, Alice leaned over and gave him a kiss.  "I'd love to move in."

A few nights later, Alice couldn't help but think it was a good thing she moved in because they never had any time together.  They had a quick breakfast in the morning, a quiet dinner in the evening followed by cuddling on the couch before bed.

"Max.  I'm not sure how to bring this up, I've been thinking about changing job and was wondering how you feel about it."  Alice hesitantly said one evening as they cuddled.

Max slung his arm around her shoulder.  "Why? You don't like being a teacher?" he asked.

Sighing, she said, "It's not that I don't enjoy being a teacher.  I just... I've always wanted to go into entertainment.  But, I didn't know how you'd feel about it."

Max just shrugged.  "If it makes you happy, then I say 'do it'."

"Well, one of the bad things is that we'll have completely opposite schedules.  I would work nights... and you would keep working days..."

Max had kissed her sweetly.  "We'll make it work sweetheart."

Alice beamed up at him.  "You're right.  I'm being silly. Now," she said seductively, wiggling her eyebrows, "Are you ready for bed?"

Things went well for awhile with Alice working nights.  But, one night she was surprised to come home to a party that had spilled outdoors.

"Max? Who are all these people?" she asked.

"Max, baby.  I'm heading out.  Call me!"  Stacy giggled as she staggered down the front walk.  Max just waved goodbye to her.  Alice watched until Stacy was gone and then looked back at Max, who remained oblivious to her distress.

"Max.  I'd like to see you inside," she said quietly, fighting to remain calm.  He didn't acknowledge her, just kept playing a game with some blonde she'd never met.  "Now!" she said more sharply.  Finally he glanced up and saw how upset she was.

"I'll be right back, Kirsten," Max said.  "Let me just go talk to Alice."  He led Alice inside to the kitchen and then said, "What's up Alice? I didn't think you'd mind if I threw a party.  I got a promotion today and was pretty excited!"

"I don't mind that you threw a party, Max.  But, did you have to invite Stacy?" she asked.


Max threw his hands up in the air.  "I'm not going to stop being friends with someone just because I'm dating someone else, Alice! That's ridiculous!"


Alice's lower lip quivered.  "I know that, Max.  It's just that... Stacy has a reputation... And it makes me feel uncomfortable when she's here..."


"Are you saying you don't trust me?" Max asked.  He was starting to get upset.  He never would've pegged Alice as the jealous, clingy type!


"No!" Alice said emphatically.  "I'm just letting you know how I felt when I came home and saw a large party with no one I know..."


Alice stopped speaking when the blonde poked her head inside and said, "Hey! Everyone's clearing out! Great party, Max!"


When everyone had filed up, Max looked back at Alice and shook his head.  "Well, now you got what you wanted.  No party.  I'm going to bed. See you in the morning."


Alice felt sick to her stomach.  That hadn't gone like she'd wanted it to.  Now Max was mad at her and everything was ruined.  Suddenly she was beyond feeling queasy.  Quickly she put her hand over her mouth and ran to the bathroom.  When she'd finished throwing up, she splashed some cold water over her face and sat down.  With her fingers shaking, she reached into her purse and pulled out the pregnancy test that she'd bought on the way home.


"Max," Alice said quietly when she walked into the room.  Max rolled over on the bed and met her eyes.  "I have something I need to talk to you about..."

McMillans - Round 3             Steeles - Round 4

3 comments:

  1. I am sure they will go over this little disagreement :)! Max didn't do anything wrong anyway, I hope Alice give him more trust...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another child is coming in the 'hood. Hmmm... Kirsten was there? How did she find time to attend a party whilst raising her own to kids, and dealing with Wallace? hehe! Bah Stacey.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy...that was very dramatic. I'm sure Max and Alice can make it through, as long as he really didn't do anything with Stacy. Sounds like another baby or two coming to the hood too.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!