September 10, 2011

Reeds - Round 7

Don was in the bathroom, practicing his line when he heard the door open.  "Hi honey, I'm almost finished in here," he said as he glanced over.

"Get out." Kirsten said.

Don held him hands out.  "What's wrong? I thought you were going to give me a few days to get everything in order."

Kirsten folded her arms across her chest.  "While you got everything in order to steal my children's inheritance, you mean!  I found the papers on the computer.  You were going to have me sign an agreement passing everything over to you instead of my children!  Did you really think you were going to be able to get me sign something without reading it."

Don furtively glanced around, trying to think of how he could twist this.  Smiling sweetly, he said, "No. I just wanted to be able to protect their inheritance.  I know you don't like to think about it, but you're getting much older now and I wanted to make sure the children were... responsible enough..."

Kirsten cut him off.  "Hazel is a young adult and perfectly capable of responsibly managing her inheritance."  Glaring at him, "Now, I want you out immediately."

Don pushed past Kirsten and stormed out of the room.  He'd miscalculated and blown this con.

 Bursting into the garage, Don went to grab the file he'd hidden in his "tool drawer" before leaving.  He stopped short as he saw the maid rummaging through the drawer.

"Can I help you?" he asked menacingly as he stepped into the garage and quietly shut the door.

The maid glanced up and froze.  "I... I just found a screwdriver in the kitchen... I was just going to put it away..."

Don nodded to the drawer she'd been rummaging through.  "Find anything interesting in there?"

He saw her swallow.  "I didn't see it! I promise!"

"I don't have time to deal with this.  You're coming with me," Don told her as he grabbed her arm.

***
Kirsten glanced at the new girl that was cleaning her house now and frowned when she saw that she was taking out the trash before she'd cleaned the rest of the kitchen.  Sighing, she realized she'd have to start all over training her how she liked her kitchen clean.  Good help was hard to find! 

***
Hazel was glad to be home again.  She and her mother were actually getting along better.  Mother still made critical comments, but Hazel was learning to understand that there was love & concern underneath them... in some warped way.  She guessed old habits were hard to change.  

"So what happened, Mother? You only told me that Don left when you came to visit me at college."

Kirsten had shrugged and waved her hand.  "It's water under the bridge now, anyways.  I haven't heard from him since I asked him to leave."

That surprised Hazel.  "You asked him to leave? Why?"

Kirsten had trouble meeting Hazel's eyes.  It was embarrassing to talk about.  "I was wrong about him. That's all. I'd really rather not talk about it."  Then, fixing Hazel with a reproving stare, she changed the topic.  "But, I hear that you've been talking to that Carter boy with the tattoos.  He's trouble, Hazel.  He's a wild one."

Now it was Hazel's turn to look awkward.  "We're not seeing each other Mother. We're friends."  Although you could cut the tension between them with a knife! They'd run into each other at his twin's wedding to Michelle and Hazel had a hard time not falling all over him.  Because as much as she wanted it to be otherwise, he wasn't the guy for her...

 "Hey, Sally! I thought I'd find you here," Walter said as he climbed the kid's playhouse.

Sally was sadly sitting up there and Walter could tell that she'd been crying.  Looking up at him, she said, "I don't want you to go to college so soon, Walter.  It's not fair! We just started dating!"

Walter sat down next to her and threw his arm around her.  "Hey! It'll be okay. We'll still talk while I'm away. Maybe we can see each other long distance."  Walter knew how she felt. It was going to kill him to be away from her!

"Why bother," Sally cried.  "You're just going to go off to college and met all sorts of college girls and streaking sorority girls and you'll forget all about me. It's better to end it now."  Sliding down the pole, she left without looking back.


"Sally!" Walter called as he raced over towards her.  When she didn't slow down or turn around, Walter stopped.

"Great," he mumbled. "I can't wait to go to college now."  This blew.  As soon as it was dark, he was going to head off to Sim State University and the only person he wanted to see him off didn't care if he ever came back.

 8 o'clock rolled around too fast for Walter.  He'd called the cab and had packed up a small bag to take with him.  Hugging his mom and sister goodbye, he walked out the door.  And there stood Sally by the sidewalk.

Walter dropped his bad and grabbed her hands.  "I know it's going to be hard right now. But, I'll be back soon. And then I can support you while you go off to college and everything will work out great," he told her. 

"I'm going to miss you," Sally said.  "Call me, okay? And if some drunk chick streaks, then close your eyes."

Walter laughed as he got in the cab.  "Don't worry so much! I'll be back before you know it!"  Sally waited until the tail-lights disappeared around the corner and then ran home.  This was going to be unbearable!

 Hazel heard someone tapping at the window and glanced over, expecting it to be Sally, Walter's girlfriend.  She was surprised to see Sean. And to be honest, she was also thrilled.  He motioned towards the front of the house.

 Hazel threw some clothes on and went outside.

"What's going on?" Hazel asked.

Sean was pacing around the front lawn.  When he saw her, he stopped and then said hoarsely.  "I can't stop thinking about you. And this is a serious problem.  I expected to be able to be with a different girl every night of the week and since the wedding, I haven't been able to think of anyone else."

Hazel didn't know what to say.  This was scary territory.  She wanted to go into politics and make a name for her and she knew Sean's only ambition was to sleep with as many girls as he could.  She didn't want to wind up just another notch.

Grabbing her around the waist, Sean pulled her to him.  "Tell me I'm not the only one that feels it," he whispered.

Biting her lip, Hazel whispered back, "You're not the only one that feels it."

Sean blew out a breath.  "Thank God," he murmured right before he kissed her.



Steeles - Round 7               Reeds - Round 8

 

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm how intersting! What was in Don's 'Tool Drawer!' Wow. Sally and Walter are going to attempt a long distance relationship? And then there is Hazel and Sean. Well, Hazel was a bit of a wild child herself. That might work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am afraid Walter will not be faithful to Sally :/... Hazel and Sean are quite a strange couple, but I like them :). Maybe they could make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...I hope Walter won't forget about Sally, I like them. Hazel and Sean are an interesting group. Sean could mean big trouble for Hazel. Don took the main! o_O I wonder what's going to happen there!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!