September 17, 2011

Potters - Round 9

Alvin and Sonja stayed busy with their jobs, employing a nanny to watch over little Evelyn.  On Evelyn's birthday, Sonja ran into the room right after work, despite being hungry and tired.  She couldn't miss this event!

And there was Sonja sitting in the crib, waiting to be pulled out and snuggled.  "Happy birthday, little girl!" Sonja sighed as she lifted Evelyn in the air.

The next morning on his way to work, Alvin kissed Evelyn on the head.  "I'll see you tonight, sweet pea," he told her.

Evelyn cooed and giggled in response.

"Why do I always have to cook dinner?" Sonja grumbled as Alvin sat in the reading nook studying.  "I just got home from work and I'm hungry, my feet hurt and I just don't feel good," she complained.  "This pregnancy has been so hard on me!"

Alvin looked up and then closed his book.  Walking over he gave her a backrub.  "You could always quit and stay home if you don't like your job. We have plenty of money!" he assured her.

Sonja shrugged his hands away from him.  "I don't want to quit.  I want to reach the top! But, I need help around the house!"


Alvin thought about it a moment.  "Would it help if we hired a maid?"


Sonja sighed.  "Can we hire a cook, too?"


Alvin just laughed.  "No, no butler's in this house! They're so pesky!"


"Mom? Dad?" Evelyn called.

Sonja and Alvin glanced at each other and then went in to see what was wrong.

"Evelyn, you know it's past your bedtime.  You need to change into your pajamas and get too bed."

Evelyn moaned, "But I was staying up to see you, Mom! And I'm not tired! I don't need to go to sleep so early!"

Sonja leaned over and hugged Evelyn tight.  "You're a growing little girl and you need your sleep! Go change into your jammies and we'll see you in the morning."

Alvin kissed the top of her head as she streaked by.  "Night sweet pea!"

"Twins?!" Sonja called out exasperated.  "How we could have had twins? Do twins run in your family?"

Alvin shook his head and held out his hands.  "I... I don't know... I don't remember any family except my Aunties that took me in..."

Sonja glanced over at him  "I'm sorry. That was thoughtless of me.  It just surprised me, that's all," she said as she walked over to him to squeeze his arm.. "What are we going to do with two babies?!"

Alvin grinned. "Let's name them first, then feed them and put them to bed," he joked.  "How about Veronica and Levi?"

Sonja sighed. 

With two babies and a growing child, Alvin and Sonja needed all the help they could get. Thankfully they had good friends that pitched in when it was needed.

Sonja glanced over at Alvin as he read his paper.  "Do you think we need to be worried about her having boys over all the time?" she asked worriedly.

Alvin glanced over and shook his head.  "No, I think she's a little too young to worry about that."

Sonja nodded.  "It's just... that's how it started with me... when I was younger...  I just had friends that came over a lot and then before I knew it I was a teenager..."  Sonja rocked Levi as she spoke.  "So I guess I'm just a little worried about that..."

Alvin was a little surprised.  They'd never really talked about her wild-child youth.  He knew that she'd come to him more... experienced... than he was.  Trying to pick his words thoughtfully, he said, "I don't think we need to worry.  We've raised her well and she's still so young!"

Sonja nodded again, but seemed distracted.




4 comments:

  1. Wow another set of twins. Your game is really likin' 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Veronica and Levi *-*! And yay for Alvin too :). He seems happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, I miss bathing babies and toddlers from sims 2. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ANOTHER set of twins! WOW....there really must be something in the water there.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!