September 28, 2011

Potters - Round 11

Sonja tried to spend her time learning how to play chess logically.  She didn't know how Alvin made it all seem so easy!  Grumbling after a poor move, she shoved the pieces back inside table and stomped inside. 
 "Evelyn Potter!" she gasped as she walked into the room.  "What do you think you're doing?  Go to your room right now.  I will let you know when I'm ready to discuss this.  Mason - I think it's best that you leave."  She watched Evelyn run to her room and slam the door as Mason slunk out the front door.

Turning to Alvin, she snapped, "And you! You were in here the whole time! And you didn't have a problem with that boy sticking his tongue down your daughter's throat?"

Alvin shook his head.  "I'm sorry, Sonja. I guess I didn't notice.  JJ was shoving me this neat gesture..."

Sonja was exasperated.  Alvin knew how she felt about Evelyn dating and he wasn't helping one bit.  Sonja didn't want Evelyn to make any mistakes that she might wind up regretting when she was older and had kids...

After dinner, Evelyn put the dishes away and turned around to find Evelyn standing behind her.  "I'm really sorry, Mom. But, Mason and I... well... we're dating."

Sonja shook her head.  "It doesn't matter if you're dating, that behavior is still unacceptable. You are not allowed to make out in my living room!"

Evelyn rolled her eyes. "We weren't making out! It was just a kiss, Mom! Geez!"

Sonja glared. "Not helping, Evelyn."

Alvin was excited about planning Sonja's birthday party.  He invited a few of their old friends and bought a cake on the way home from work.  He hoped she enjoyed the night.

He could tell she enjoyed the attention.  And she was beautiful to him. As beautiful as the day they married.

"Guess what Alvin?" Sonja came home excited.  "I got a promotion! It's just a matter of knowing the right people!"

Evelyn watched her Mom and Dad canoodle and thought it would make a neat picture.  You could see the love shining through their eyes.  She hoped she found that one day...

Veronica and Levi came barreling through the door later.  "Here, slap my hands," Veronica yelled and then pulled her hands away.  "Too slow!" she giggled.  Looking at Levi, she joked, "Evelyn's slooooow..."  Laughing, they took off running down the hall whooping and carrying on.  Evelyn rolled her eyes.  They were so immature!

Evelyn nervously fidgeted when the room filled up with people.  "Veronica, you're not supposed to throw parties," she said.

"What? Are you going to tattle tale?" Veronica asked.  "Come on! Lighten up! Everyone will be gone by the time Mom gets home!  Hey! Is that Perry over there? He's checking you out."

 Evelyn glanced over and made eye contact.  "You really think so?" she whispered.

"I know so! Go talk to him!" she said as she turned to talk to Alec.

"Umm, hi," she said when Perry walked over.  "About the other night... I'm actually with Mason right now.."

Perry looked crushed and started to turn away when Mason stormed over.  "What do you mean the other night?" he demanded.

Evelyn glanced between Perry and Mason.  "Umm..."

"Forget this!" Mason stormed out the door.

Evelyn ran after him, calling out to him to wait for her.  Dejected, her shoulders slumped and she shook her head.  What a mess, she thought as she walked back in to the party.

"EVELYN!" Sonja yelled when she came home from work.  "I thought I could trust you!"




2 comments:

  1. I can see where Evelyn is heading...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I am really behind... *sigh* hopefully I can get caught up this week. No work for me!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!